Friday, May 25, 2007

We love Munich!





Munich is really fun. We went to Dachau, one of the first concentration camps in Germany, and toured there today. It was really informative and moving. Hard to believe that was only fifty years or so ago.

On a lighter note, since I'm pressed for time, people are really nice here, and the weather has been beautiful! We did a walking tour of the city yesterday and a pub crawl last night. Then Dachau today and then some beer and hotdogs in the beer gardens. Old people, young people, everyone sits together and drinks and enjoys the weather. Very laid back city. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone! I can't wait to show you guys all my pictures, because these are just from Emily's. She has some good ones, but I have tons and tons!

We leave for Milan in the morning. We won't get there til 9:30 pm, so that sucks! 8 hour train ride, but I'll catch up on my journal writing. It's pretty hot here in Munich, and our hostel doesn't have air conditioning. But our next places do, and we've already booked them, so the trip from now on should be smooth sailing!

Italy, here we come!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like Munich is my kind of place with a beer garden! I love that pic of you with the beer and dog---you look so mischevious! I think I spelled that wrong...can't wait to see you.

Love
MOM

Craftysis7 said...

Wow, you look like you are enjoying the beer and hot dog!! I am so proud you got to do this, memories will last a life time. Continue to be safe and have fun,

Love ya,

Aunt Sissy