Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bonjour, Paris!

We've been in Paris about a day and a half. The internet is not free in our hotel, so we just now found an internet cafe that was open and reasonably priced. I have great pics, but may not be able to post them for a few days. Here's what we've been doing in France:

Our hotel is pretty cool. There are tons of street vendors, and it's exactly as I imagined Paris to be. The buildings are wonderful, so French!! Hah. They sell baguettes (bread), and fruit, cheap postcards, cheap jewelry. Can't wait to show you all the pics and the cheap souveniers I got!!

Yesterday evening we went to the Eiffel Tower. We bought bread, cheese, strawberries, and champagne and settled on a bench to drink and eat. But not too long after the champagne was gone, it started raining. We were drenched, and we wanted to wait the rain out, but finally we took the Metro (their bus system) back to our hotel. We drank red wine and went to sleep. Emily is feeling a lot better.

Today we woke up at 6:45am, showered and got breakfast (free a la hotel!) and headed to the Louvre. We saw the Monna Lisa AND the Venus de Milo (which has survived since its creation in 130 BC!!!). Great day!!! Then we ate at the McDonald's on the Champs-Elysees (because it was cheap!) and went to the L'Arc de Triomphe. I think that's how you spell it. Great pics. Saw the tomb of the unknown soldier. Awesome stuff.

We are right by Notre Dame, and we're going to check on mass times for tomorrow morning. Lauren is Catholic, and she says tomorrow's the Ascension (some Catholic holiday) which happens once a year, so we're going to church!! Hah, we're either going to the Latin or the French service! Should be amazing.

We're going to try our picnic at the Eiffel Tower again tonight! Wish us luck! Love you all.

5 comments:

Mom said...

So excited for you guys, I can't wait to look all those places up on the net. When I get back from Mags game I'll have to look at all the places you've visited. Glad Emily is feeling better so she can enjoy Paris! Talk to you soon! Have a glass for me!

Love
Mom

Mom said...

get me some cheap jewelry!

chelsea

joeleslie said...

I'm the most delicious shade of green from the massive envy I have for you right now... Rock out, bia.

loves you

PS. If you find a cute souvenir that calls out to you, I'd love to receive it.

Craftysis7 said...

Jessica, you are so smart, I find it hard to even pronounce all those places you are going, I guess I am not very well educated. Anyway sounds like you are having a blast, so glad you got to go!!

Love ya,

Aunt Sissy

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]anton wetter[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter dienst[b][/url]