Thursday, December 4, 2008

Go Green Writing!


This morning I had an interview at a place on Miami Beach. It was really awesome driving over the bridge and having all the water underneath me and tall tall buildings everywhere, and thinking, Man, I live here!

I believe I got the job, although it's a non-paid position. An internship. But it's something I'm really interested in, and there is a chance that I could get paid in time.

It's for a green/eco-friendly website that is just starting. It hasn't launched officially, and they are now working on generating more content and obtaining advertisements (to be able to PAY writers). So I'm submitting a few articles to them next week, and we'll see how it goes from there. I'm pretty excited, because if it works out, I could see this site go to a "hard launch" and would be able to see it grow and grow with it. If it doesn't result in a job of some sort (either writing/editing full time, part time, or freelance) then at least I will have some work under my belt.

About the pics: The first one is how I presented my resume and writing samples. I burned them onto a disc and painted the box that held it. On the front (the part you can see) I put my name, etc, and on the back I attached a rip piece of a crossword puzzle and in the empty squares I put my phone number. The second pic is Mark trying to force me into the picture.

So if anyone has any ideas about what kind of articles you'd like to see involving green living, alternative energy, eco-friendly technology, let me know! I've started brainstorming some things, and I even wrote a short article at work today.

So if anyone would like to check out the website, the address is....... www.greenplanetsearch.com
I think the photography is really top-of-the-line, and if you look at the website, it will be obvious as to why they need writers. There isn't a lot of content yet, but now that they have me, they're about to EXPLODE! Lol, okay, that's enough.

MAG-------> I can't wait to see your permit! Good job baby! I love you, and happy 1-5! (Next year you can sing, "I am sixteen going on seventeen..." and that'll be awesome.)

Curling up with a book and a blanket. See you all soon.
J

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Awesome! Hope you get the job and it leads to great things! By the way, tell your friend not to turn me into DCS. All i was doing was shooting the video! HAHA

The Bates Girls! said...

I'm so glad for you...I know writing is your passion and I know you would be an asset to anyone in that field...Good luck we'll be praying for your dreams to come true. I'll check out the website..but I believe solar power is the way to go. Steve is doing well and I don't understand with the technology that "all" new builds aren't considered for this type of energy. I know like any new technology it's a little expensive right now..but maybe in the future. I'm sure Steve would be happy to help you with any research. I'm working (slowly but surely) on getting all our posts caught up. I'll try by the weekend to be up to Mags birthday so you can see her license.

Love Mom