Saturday, December 13, 2008

70 Degree Saturday! - Really.

Wow, Miami is sure warm! (Since everyone was blogging about the snow, I thought I'd share my weather as well!)

Today my book club had a holiday party. We met at a member's house and each brought a dessert and a book (that we already owned, used) to swap. What a relief not to have to buy a new book! Then we played Dirty Santa with them. I ended up with a book of short stories by Alice Munro, which I very much wanted. Then we discussed the book Persepolis, which we had read for December. It was a graphic novel (comic book-ish) autobiography/memoir about a girl growing up in Iran in the 1980s. It was very good and I highly recommend it. Gopal (one of my housemates) is reading it now. Aunt Becky: I'm bringing you Bel Canto for Christmas, and I really think you're going to like it!

One of the girls I met through the book club is in the Coast Guard and she's from Bowling Green Kentucky. The dessert she brought (and made) was Chocolate Bourbon Balls. A true KY girl. They were very yummy. She brought a lot so she told me to take some home with me, and the boys at my house liked them very much.

Then I went to the library and to do a little bit of Christmas shopping. Sadly, I'm not too far along. I'm more excited about coming home than doing shopping! Can't wait to see you all.

Trapeze was a COMPLETE BLAST! I'm debating running away with the Circus, since I love sequins so much anyways. Patty has pics/video and as soon as she gives them to me from her camera I will share them with you all.

2 comments:

The Bates Girls! said...

I'M GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD PARTY! I MISS YOU BEING HERE TO SHOP WITH US...WE ARE MORE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BEING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS ALSO..THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT SO DON'T WASTE HARD EARNED MONEY ON GIFTS! ALL WE NEED IS EACH OTHER!

LOVE MOM

P.S. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THE CIRCUS!

Craftysis7 said...

Wow, Jess once again I am impressed with all your activities!! You are very intelligent, I hope this dummy spelt that right, hahah!! You know I could see you in a circus!! haha jk!! Can't wait to see ya!!

Love ya,

Aunt Sissy