Sunday, December 7, 2008

New Painting


Hey all. This is a painting I did yesterday. Just wanted to share it with you all. I think I'm calling it "Flame".

Anyway, not much happened yesterday, I painted, bought a new book, and ate at a Brazilian Steakhouse. The food was AMAZING! My new book is called The Complete Persepolis, and it's an autobiography about a girl growing up in revolutionary Iran. Pretty interesting, plus she wrote it as a graphic novel, which means it reads sort of like a comic book. But it is really interesting because the pictures are beautiful and it's still a really serious book. I never thought I'd be into that sort of book, but my book club picked it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Also Mark and I took a walk around the neighborhood yesterday and it was close to sunset time. (We had to take a walk because we were so incredibly and grossly full from the fantastic Brazilian Steakhouse.) There were lots of houses that had spun Christmas lights around the bases of palm trees! I love it!

That's pretty much all for now. I'm going to do some research at the library soon for my article for the green search engine. (If you're lost, see the post before this!)

Love to all. See you all in just a few weeks. Christmas is almost here!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Jessica, Love the painting. Quite an appropriate name for it too. See ya soon.

The Bates Girls! said...

I love the painting...before long maybe you can fill some of my bare spots! I love the yellow with the black. You're getting pretty good with your shading! I bet it's really cool being able to walk around looking at Christmas lights instead of driving. I remember all those drives with the "Christmas Lights" shout outs. I miss those days.

Have a good day..can't wait til Christmas.

Love
Mom