Monday, April 27, 2009

One week 'til my new place, and yay for KK and the new baby, maybe Mitchy can have a lil' sis?!


Sorry that title was so long; I couldn't help myself. This is me, at my desk, excited. Mark is in the background hitting the books.

One week from today I should be in my new apartment! I'm so excited, but there are many miles to go before I sleep, or relax on my balcony. Mark is really stressed about exams and the end of the semester. It's getting down to the wire and he's not having much time to think about moving. So I'm trying to be the big girl and get everything in order. With 60 hours of work a week, it's pretty hard! Plus trying to have a little time for myself, reading or drawing or whatever.

Oh, my drawing class that I took at Miami-Dade College has come to an end. I learned a lot! And maybe I'll bring some of my drawings home so you all can critique me ;) since we have such a crafty and creative family. I'm going to take the next level, but I want to get settled in and *hopefully* try and find a new gig, maybe even a part time thing so I can write for Hello Miami more and quit the law firm (where I make less money per hour and have to wake up early and dress up...)! So hopefully I can take Intermediate Drawing in the fall and have a fun, relaxing summer.

More Miami news -- Chelsea and William are coming for a visit!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited, and Chelsea and I have already been brainstorming things to do. It should be an adventurous trip. They want to parasail, ride bikes in the everglades through Shark Valley, hit the beach of course, go to the Seaquarium...hmmm...I can't think of the other things, but I know there is more. I'm really pumped to have my little sissy come visit and I can't wait to show her around Miami and cook veggie meals for her! We'll have to take William to the Cuban spots with gigantic pieces of meat and yummy yummy rice and beans. She will get to stay almost a week, and William will get to stay several days (he has to go back earlier because of work, bummer!), so everyone wish Chelsea a safe and fantastic trip! Well, it's not now, but I can't help being overly excited. They are coming Monday, May 25 - Memorial Day! Wooooooooooo!

Alright, enough procrastinating, I'm going to get to work on HelloMiami now. Those that are still reading, gracias! It is much appreciated.

love,
j

2 comments:

The Bates Girls! said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Tell Mark good luck on his exams...I know he will do well. I wish you were closer so we could have you a house warming party!

I am excited for you and Chelsea. Should be a great trip maybe Mom can send a little extra $ to help with the extra activities!

Love you and I'm so happy for you guys! Wish I could be there to help move!

Kristin said...

YEAH! I can't wait to see pics of the new place! And Chelsea/William I'm jealous!