Thursday, April 2, 2009

Big News!





Mark and I signed the lease today for our new place! The area is called Brickell, and it's basically like south Downtown Miami. If anyone wants to google earth the location, our new address is soon to be 1200 Brickell Bay Drive. The area is cool because it's really newly developed, and there are tons of restaurants, shops, bars, etc. to check out and plenty to do and see! You guys know I love to do and see.

These pics aren't from the exact unit we're renting, but they're close. My kitchen, hot tub/pool, and view will all look very similar to these pictures! Our view of the water is actually going to be better than this one. I will post real pics of the place as soon as we go again. I'm SO EXCITED to get out of the house and into our new pad!

I've been really busy lately and work and then doing my writing. Patty, the other legal assistant, is leaving me tomorrow :( for a better job. She just started an LSAT prep course and she's moving to a firm that practices family law, which is what she wants to do. So, congrats to Patty! But who will speak Spanish with me now?! Haha. No me digas!!! (You don't say!!) That's the phrase I'm best at remembering. Also "dos empanadas, pollo, por favor - gracias"! That one's food related. Also "guayaba y queso" - guava and cheese. Good for pasteries, cheesecake, choose any tasty bakery treat and you'll need to know "guayaba y queso". Delicioso.

I've also been taking a drawing class on Saturdays. It lasts about 3 1/2 hours each time, and it's at Miami Dade College, which used to be Miami Dade Community College, but within the past few years has become a university. My teacher is really good, and I'm thinking of taking her next class, advanced drawing, or drawing 2 or something. So I'm a student again! Sort of, but it's a community/adult education class, so it's not for credit, but I'm learning a lot and having lots of fun. I'll probably take a Spanish class next, or maybe watercolor. Hah, I LOVE affordable education!

I tried to go to South Beach last weekend (Sunday, my only day semi-free now that I'm taking a Saturday class), but as soon as Mark and I parked and got to the beach to unpack our towels, the rain came down. It didn't stop. We had to carry our wet-and-sandy selves back to the car and drive back home. Kind of a bummer, but it was a fun adventure anyway.

I miss you all and can't wait to see you all! Love from MIA -

jess <3

5 comments:

Becky said...

I'm really excited for you about your new place. Be sure and send more pics when you get them. You are doing a good job on your writing too. Love you and miss you, Aunt Becky

The Bates Girls! said...

Oh Jess I'm so excited for you guys! It was good talkin to you tonight. It's been really crazy lately ! I can't wait to come visit and see your new place. Lookin at the first of June...Yah! Start thinking about colors ! :)
I can't wait to see some of your new art you're working on. Tell Mark to keep takin good care of my baby !

Love
Mom

The Bates Girls! said...

P.S. I did send Aunt Becky her book last week via Uncle Buddy so if she didn't get it yet she has to ask Buddy now ! Sorry Bec for taking so long !

The Bates Girls! said...

Just have to say it one more time before bed......I love you bunches and miss you even more...but I am so happy for you for living your dream! Keep the faith and drive and something better than Spiegel will come along. :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Mom

Kristin said...

WOW! OK, we really need to come visit now! It looks awesome and i'm sure you are gonna love the pool! Congrats!