Monday, April 13, 2009

Silly PiC time!

Here's me at a Charity Event that Patty and I helped plan. It's at an art gallery, and it was to benefit the Miami-Dade Family Court, to provide services to families at a lower cost. It was a lot of fun! Here's me in front of some of the light installation art at the Bernice Steinbaum Gallery. Here's Patty and me at Cavas, the wine tasting room. It's a really nice place! You pay for a card, sort of like a debit card, and you swipe it to taste wine, get half a glass, or a full glass, and there are snacks and sometimes live music. It's really a cool place to chill after work, which is what I'm doing here!

Mark is teaching Patty some of what we learned in Napa. I think they are checking for color density, but really they're probably just being silly.

Silly Mark and Jessica. Check out that beard, huh!


Well there are some new developments on the place that we signed the lease for. MANY MANY fees were disclosed to us AFTER signing the lease, and after much headache and much consideration, we've decided to try and get out of this lease. We've found another place to live, and at this place tenants rent directly from the apartment instead of going through an owner. It seems much more legit, and definitely nicer and newer! We're going on Friday to check out their available units and reserve ours for May 1st! I think we're going to be on the 30-something floor, so I'm super-excited. I love being up high! The view of the city is really breathtaking. I'll take pictures as soon as I can to post them!

I enjoyed everyone's easter posts! Also Sissy's spring break posts were so cute. What lucky boys to have all those pretty ladies to hang out with :)

Please keep reading at HelloMiami.com! They've changed some of the layout, as you may have seen, but an email from my CEO today sounded hopeful that he'd hire writers fulltime in the future, and even set up a sort of newspaper online, so I could potentially extend beyond Attractions, Events, and Restaurants and cover some heavier subjects! Not that I don't love restaurants and events, because you all know that I do! :)

Thank you for all your support. I've learned so much from moving here, and it's proven to be a great experience thus far. I'm sad to be away from you all, but then it'll be even more exciting when I get to come home for a visit. I miss you guys.

Adios! Buenas noches.



5 comments:

Becky said...

Keep those posts coming. I love hearing all about your experiences in Miami. Can't wait to see your new place. Love you, Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

patti is very pretty. looks different from what i thought...anyway i got bangs today. :)

chelsea

Craftysis7 said...

Sounds like your life is going great!! Glad you are responsible enough to get out of something when it just does not feel right and so glad you have found another place. There are so many people out there that will take advantage of young ones like you. You are a very smart young lady. Love the pictures and tell Mark the beard is kind of nice. Miss you and glad you liked my pictures. I will post more recent ones here soon!!
Love ya bunches,
Aunt Sissy

Craftysis7 said...

Ps, you look very grown up in the last picture. I like the silly pictures too, haha!! Look forward to seeing you!
Love ya, love ya, love ya

The Bates Girls! said...

Love the pics. I know you miss Patty, hope you guys can stay in touch. Tell Mark luv the beard and the hair. I wish my hair grew that fast and was that thick!