Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cat Cay 2009!

Momma Byrd cooking fresh lobster, just caught from the sea, in the kitchen of the Abracadabra. The Abracadabra is the yacht they've been chartering for several years for their Bahamas trip. This year they took Mark and me along to Cat Cay, a three hour ride from Key Largo.

This is me in front of a place we stopped to snorkel and swim. Captain Ron says this is Riding Rock, and behind me are remnants of a lighthouse.

The beach by the house we had rented. The house was named Sandpiper.

Here's the hammock behind our house - very relaxing.

Riding Rock lighthouse, one more time.

Mark waves from the wild blue ocean.

These are my toes from the tuna tower on the Abracadabra, and below me is Ellen, Ally's younger sister.

Ally's toes and some of the lobsters that Dr. Byrd and first mate Rodney caught one day.

Dr. B with four lobsters on one spear! He's a diving machine! He can hold his breath for quite some time, and it's a little stressful watching him dive down and waiting for him to surface.

Mark reels in a yellow tail and Captain Ron takes him off the hook. Fried fish for dinner with fresh lobster tails - doesn't get much better than that!

The Brothers Freeman pose for a windy shot on the Abracadabra.

Clockwise, starting at top-left: Dr. B, Mark, Captain Ron, Rodney, and Scott. The men are waiting for the women to cook dinner, hahah!

A special thank-you to the Byrd family for inviting Mark and me along on your fabulous vacation! I hope you guys enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

The Bates Girls! said...

your toes look cute in the picture for once :) and mark has the same shirt on he wore last year haha. the pictures are beautiful! im glad you got to go.
love you
chelsea

The Bates Girls! said...

Wow is all I can say...I'm jealous. Maybe someday when you get rich you can take me there or Europe!