Monday, January 10, 2011

finally back in la la land

Mark and I had a fun, busy two weeks of traveling. Here are a few highlights!


Nashville, TN
Christmas is Nashville is always a blast. Mom's house was decorated to the max, and I loved hanging out with my mom and sisters, although Chelsea had to work more than I wanted her to. Maggie was my driver, and we had a lot of fun talking, singing and laughing in her hot little five-speed. We also had many nights of sisterly chats, including ones that woke up the middle sister even though she had to work early. :)

My entourage went with me to shop for a wedding dress. (The lively group included Mom, Chelsea, Maggie, Emily, Corey Ann, Melanie, Ally, and Erin.) Thanks to all of you, we found a winner at Southern Belle Rose on White Bridge Road. I absolutely love it, AND it was on the clearance rack. Cha-ching!

Erie, PA
Erie was relaxing. I met my future nephew, Jack, fed him sweet potatoes and pumped him up to crawl. Jack is all Freeman -- dark hair, dark eyes, and beautiful.

We ate well, drank delicious wine, and had tons of good conversation. Carl and Stephanie will be leaving Erie soon when Carl serves in the Navy, so this trip will probably be my last to Erie! Such a nice town.

Cleveland, OH
On a pit stop through Cleveland on our way to St. Pete, we stayed with Michelle's family for a night. After visiting with our lovely Michelle, her family showed up, and hilarity ensued. Mark and John Primeau were guzzling his homemade brew, MaryAnne was schooling us in chicken foot and dominoes, and Michelle was feeding me detox tea. Of course Kat led an improv game that bested Mark and me, but the sisters were fantastic! The Primeaus are definitely a fun bunch, and their hospitality was endless!


St. Petersburg, FL
As Mark so eloquently said, we had a "novel experience" this New Years Eve. After waiting for about an hour to receive dinner at the club dining room, we headed down to the dance floor to cut a rug before KC and the Sunshine Band played. Mark and I rocked out to the DJ beforehand, and when KC came out we had secured a position at the front and center of the crowd. KC even came up to boogie right in front of me -- score! Melanie was stuck next to a couple that used a walker as a dance prop, and her foot was repeated rolled over while her sides were repeatedly jabbed with the walker's handles. Mark and I "dance/fought" for our place, and he had to get fierce to put a wild woman in a NYE hat in her place. We made it back to the hotel for the midnight fireworks show, and I made it to the toilet in time to throw up. Yay!

I got sick in St. Pete, and Mark followed. He caught a more serious strain of the bug, though, and ended up in the ER with a saline drip and anti-nausea medicine. We delayed our flight back to LA for a day and stayed with Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Steve to recover. Thanks, guys!

Here's a pic that Ally, my future sister-in-law, took of me and Mark on NYE! Thanks, Ally!


Ally and Scott are expecting a baby boy in April! So excited for them. :) 

Miss you all!
Love,
j

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those descriptions made me laugh. I liked hearing about what you did each place! That sucks about the old people dancing with their walkers, but I would have liked to have seen that :) I am glad you both are feeling better, I know that saline drip tastes awful! Anyway, glad you are back home safe.
Love you!

The Bates Girls! said...

Jess we so enjoyed you and Mark over Christmas also! Chelsea and Maggie miss you and all those sisterly talks! So glad we were able to spend so much time with you. We were excited to be a part of the dress shopping adventure and I'm so glad you were able to find a "Jess" dress! You are going to make such a beautiful bride..sniff sniff...I think you are marrying into a wonderful family and hope you and Mark will be blessed with many, many, happy, fun years together! Remember to always remain friends and have lots of fun together! So glad you guys had a great trip for Christmas!

Love you
Mom

The Bates Girls! said...

P.S. Chelsea is so funny huh?

The Bates Girls! said...

2nd P.S. I LOVE the picture of you and Mark on this post. I'm going to try to print it but you may have to send it to me in full resolution!