Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January wrap-up!

I haven't been posting much lately, so I'm going to pack a lot of stuff into a little post.

First, Mark started a company! It's called Subtorious Sound (the link will take you to the website), and he will sell audio software that he's made. Here's the logo I made for the company:



Second, wedding plans continue. The date is set (JULY 2!), but the location is no longer Cheekwood. Now, it will be at The Mill at Lebanon in The Loft area. I'm working on our Save the Dates, which I don't want to share, yet, because I want you all to be surprised when you see them in the mailbox! Mom, Chelsea and Corey have been amazing -- searching for cool decorations to go with our colors and theme. Mom's been working on a winning table setting! (Love you guys!)

Third, I've been making some really great friends! Chelsea (whom I mentioned in an earlier post), is shooting our engagement pictures at the Getty museum this Saturday. Should be a good time! She's also invited me to a Zombie Prom, that I will be attending, but if any "undead" start biting each other, I'm out. (Chelsea works in the horror film industry; unlikely friend for me, right?!) These pics are from last weekend where we went to see a friend's band play in Hermosa Beach.



(I forgot to actually get in a photo myself...)


Fourth, I've been cooking some delicious things!

1 - zucchini fritters

















2 - orange/cinnamon chicken + veggies














 

3 - healthy cookies (no sugar or butter, what?!):

















and 4 - vegetable couscous + wine (I didn't make the wine.)
















Fifth, we got a TV, and because of that, we finally got our living room set up and feeling cozy. I'll shoot/post a video later, mostly for Tenderheart to see. :)

Sixth, I got a new side gig where I write/schedule/post tweets for a number of companies. The jobs are just stacking up! (I also got a job at Subtorious Sound as Vice President of Operations. I am the graphic and marketing guru there!)

Seventh, I am a member of Goodreads, a social networking website that is centered around books. I have pledged to read 60 books in 2011, and so far I've read 5. Five a month will get me to my goal! The books I've read are Suzanne Collins's Mockingjay, Mario Vargas Llosa's The Feast of the Goat, David Nicholls's One Day, David Sedaris's Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, and Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go. [Notice the widget at the top right of the blog; you can see my Goodreads profile by clicking there!]

Eighth, I love you and miss you all! I hope to be in town sometime soon.

Love from the west coast -

j

4 comments:

Jamie said...

The Mill is a Awesome place reminds me of where Craig and I got married. The cookies look very yummy.

JessicaBates said...

Thanks, Jamie! I haven't actually seen The Mill in person, so I'm glad someone has seen it and liked it!! :)

The Bates Girls! said...

Jess so glad to see a new post! Love keeping up with your life! You are so sweet and I miss you more everyday!!! So glad all is going well. We are excited about the wedding and if we drive you crazy just let us know! I'm loving your cooking pics...never would I have thought I would see the day that you eat so many veggies! I'm so glad! We can't wait to see pics of the new tv..you guys are in the real world now! Exciting for Mark and his new venture! So glad you got the top exec job also! Hey the zombie prom sounds like your kind of thing. I'm fixing to send you a box should I include any old prom dresses? K I gotta get back to cleaning house! I love you and miss you mucho!!!!

P.S. Now that homecoming is over do you want us to try to drive to Lebanon and take some better pics for you or a video???

Love you & Miss you everyday!
Mom

Unknown said...

Fixing to...you can definitely tell where we live. Anyway, thanks for all the updates! The cookies do look awesome...are they oatmeal? If so, William will be very happy because he loves oatmeal raisin but likes to eat healthy more than he likes them. Maybe I can make him some of these. And don't be scared at zombie prom, zombies are stupid and you are very smart, so you will live. ;)