Wednesday, November 24, 2010

giving thanks

I have a lot to be thankful for this season. I'm engaged to my best friend, and I am excited to see what the future brings. I am freelancing and scraping by, and I'm thankful that my writing is paying the bills. I'm thankful for friends and family that love me and are part of my life even though I'm far away. I'm thankful for the ability to make friends here. I'm thankful that Mark and I have somewhere to go tomorrow to eat and drink and be merry.

Tomorrow we are going to Emily and Charlie's house for a Thanksgiving feast. We spent the 4th of July with them when they lived a mile away. Now they have moved to a different area of LA, so I'm excited to catch up with them, pet Walter (their unbearably cute pug), and enjoy a delicious meal. Pictures to come!

I am thinking of all of you during the holidays. I can't wait to see you all in December!


Love,
J

1 comment:

Becky said...

We can't wait to see you too, Jessica. I know it has to be hard being away from your family, but at least you do have your best friend with you. Tell Mark Happy Thanksgiving and see you both at Christmas. Love you bunches, Aunt Becky