Monday, September 14, 2009

My Lighthouse

Aunt Becky - everytime I go to my favorite beach, I think of you and your love for lighthouses. At Bill Baggs State Park, there's a historic lighthouse from the mid 1800s, and it's now the oldest standing structure in Miami-Dade County. I just finished my article on it for HelloMiami.com, and you can see it here. Oh, the beach was also voted one of the top ten in the U.S. It's so nice and relaxing.

But here are a few pics of my favorite favorite beach and the beautiful lighthouse! I didn't get to climb to the top and take a picture the other day; it started storming soon after I got there. When Mom's here, I'll climb it with her and take some pics.  :)  You're right Aunt Becky, she probably will need a wine IV heheheh.

Historic Lighthouse from the 1800s.
Mark fighting the current.

Clouds are concentrating...storm will commence soon!
Rain, rain, go away.
Alright, I'm off to read! Love you all.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I might just have to jump in your mom's suitcase and come on down with her. If you take your mom back to the lighthouse be sure and take a pic of it from the base looking up. That is one of my favorite shots. We really may try to make it down that way next spring. Ms. Shelby's b-day will fall on the time we normally take our vacation, so we may just change it to springtime.

Becky said...

I might just have to jump in your mom's suitcase and come on down with her. If you take your mom back to the lighthouse be sure and take a pic of it from the base looking up. That is one of my favorite shots. We really may try to make it down that way next spring. Ms. Shelby's b-day will fall on the time we normally take our vacation, so we may just change it to springtime.