Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rainy Saturday







So here are the pictures of Mark's final finished amplifier (and my paint job.) If you're wondering what it's laying on, it's actually on my desk. My desk is covered with a puzzle that Mark and I did last weekend (wow, what dorks, right?) and I'm going to glue it together and put it on the wall. If I can figure out how to do that. To all the crafty ladies in my family: any ideas??
This morning I slept in (my favorite thing!) and Mark cooked me bacon (my other favorite thing!) and eggs. Now it's raining, but I really just wanted to curl up and read a book all day anyway. My new book club book is Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides. It's gotten a lot of praise, so who knows. I'm excited to try it anyway.
Last night we went to our favorite restaurant (one that if anyone comes to VISIT ME, I'll be sure to take you to). It's called Havana Harry's and it has superb Cuban food and the finest Margaritas on the planet. Mojitos as well.
Tomorrow is my 5K run/walk, and sadly I did no preparing for this during the week. Not that it matters, but I'm sure I'll be fine. It's really early though; I have to leave my house at 6:15am! Yikes, I don't like that one bit. That's about all that's going on. I'll let you know how the run was tomorrow! Love.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Jess, I have 2 puzzles in my house that I have put together and glued. You can get the puzzle glue at Walmart or any craft store. I laid my puzzle on a piece of posterboard to give it extra suppoort. Then my dad made a frame for it. They are both fairly large puzzles too, but they look really neat on the wall.

Craftysis7 said...

I am impressed with your painting job and Mark's craftsmanship. As far as the puzzle goes, there is glue called mod podge you can buy at Michaels (or any craft store) if you have one near you, I use it on my crafts alot. I would suggest to glue it to maybe that poster board you can get that is kind of thick and you could put some kind of cool edging, Like rope of some kind,(buy at a fabric store) on it to hide the poster board and might not have to buy an expensive frame.

If I saw a better picture of the puzzle might could come up with something for you!!

Have a great Halloween, we will miss you!

Love ya,

Aunt Sissy

The Bates Girls! said...

Well looks like Becky and Sissy have beat me to but ditto on the puzzle! Your picture on the amplifier is really good, i'm impressed. I'm glad you had a relaxing Saturday. I hope you and Mark have a good Halloween we'll miss you trick or treating this year! Look for something by your door about Thursday or Friday!

Love you lots
Mom