Saturday, October 18, 2008

Gotta love Saturdays.



Hello to all. Most of you that read this are camping right now. I wish I could be there to join you (well, that is, I wish I could be there AND that is was warm)! Hope you guys aren't too cold in the tents. I can't wait to see pictures!

I'm hanging out at my house today (you know, laundry, dishes - woohoo!) And Mark is building an amplifier in the kitchen. He bought an old jewelry box at Goodwill (his new favorite store) and cut out the middle. Then he has small speakers inside and he's made an amplifier out of it. For those of you that have no idea what I mean (and I wouldn't if it weren't for Mark always talking about this stuff) - he basically has an old jewelry box, and he's wired a bunch of things under it (don't ask me what, it looks like a little computer) and he can plug his iPod into it and it plays! The sound was best when the top of the jewelry box was tilted, so I curved a paperclip and we carved a little hole in the top. Now the top can prop open just like a piano - and that way the sound is best. I'm the creative director. It's working, but now he's taking it back out and fixing something so it doesn't short. I started painting the inside; that's why it's white. I'm not sure what kind of design I'm going to paint yet, but when I finish, I'll take a picture and post it. Mark's also going to put a small red light in it that will flash to the beat of the music. He's already tried it and it looks awesome! More to come when we're done. (P.S. - Mark is NOT as creepy as he looks in the first picture...)

My book club meeting Wednesday night was really fun. Me and two other people are starting a Beginners Spanish group, so that should be a lot of fun. I bought a practice book off Amazon, and soon (as in later today) I'll be studying some beginners vocabulary! I'm really excited to start working on this and also to meet more people here. One of the girls that's starting this with me is a social worker. (Yay, Chelsea!) The other woman is a research doctor at Miami Children's Hospital. So it's the three of us right now, but more people and more learning are right around the corner!

Next week some people from my office are doing a 5k for Domestic Violence. Mark said "You haven't even been running!" But hey, it's only a 5k, and I can walk if I get tired! It is very early next Sunday morning, but it should be a good time. That's all for now, back to laundry/Spanish/helping Mark! Adios!




2 comments:

Craftysis7 said...

Once again we missed you and Derek on our trip. Derek was in a wedding in Alabama. Maybe next year you guys will make it. We had a great time and yes it was a little chilly but the weather was awesome. Great memories!!

Now I am impressed with you and Marks talent here. I will nick name you craftymark and craftyjess,
haha! Can't wait to see the finished product. You will have to video it and put on the blog so we can see it in action.

And proud of you and all these walks and runs you are doing for the cause and laundry and dishes all in one day, plus spanish, just can't say enough Jess!! You are something else!!

Gotta run!!

Love ya,

Aunt Sissy

The Bates Girls! said...

Wish you had been there also! It wasn't too cold as long as you had cocktails and stayed close to the fire! We did have a great time tho!I'm working on mine so i'll post pics of everyones pumpkins. Chelsea picked the hardest pattern but hers looked really good. Mags did a pirate skeleton, imagine that.

I'm impressed with Marks amplifier! I'm sure it will look good when you get through painting it. Tell him not to worry we know he's not creepy!

Good luck with your spanish! Miss you!

Love Mom