Saturday, September 20, 2008

In two weeks, I'll be in Nashville

Written yesterday at work, but I didn't have time to post it because I got busy....so here ya go!!! ----------------->


I finally booked a flight home for the first weekend in October! I don't know if you all heard from my mom, but I'll be arriving in Nashville Friday, Oct. 3 at 9:30 pm. Saturday morning I'm going to Kentucky (right across the border, not even all the way to Bowling Green) to get my "hair did", etc. for my friend Melissa's wedding. I'm a beautiful bridesmaid! – The wedding starts at 2pm and the reception is scheduled to start at 3pm, so it shouldn't last too long. That evening I'll be home, and I think mom is going to get everyone to come to her house and hang out! So pencil me in. You can write something fun like, "Best Day of the Year: Jessica graces us for one FABulous weekend, Let's Party!" I realize that's a lot to write in one little box of your calendar, so feel free to edit it to something shorter, like "Jessica – YAY!" That will do.

I'll be in town until Sunday, October 5. My flight leaves Nashville at 6:55pm. I realize that isn't too long, but I didn't want to ask off work now. I'd rather have several days off at Thanksgiving and Christmas, so sorry for the short notice and brevity of the trip. You'll just have to come to mom's house, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4th! I want to see everyone! Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Okay, enough about my trip – here's what's going on with me at the moment…

Well, not much. I've been doing some drawing and painting lately, and I'm still writing. I'm not too good, but I hear practice makes perfect.

I'm at work right now, and it's been a pretty good day. Fridays are always better than any other day. I've actually had some work to do, and I organized a lot of stuff for my boss. He was like, "Wow, I've never thought about doing this before!" But all I did was make an Excel document showing Deposition dates, times, locations, and the witness's specialty so he could see them all at once. So now I think he's getting some crazy ideas about organization, and his office is a wreck! He'll call me in to find things that are right on top of his desk. It's sort of entertaining. And he'll put files from one case into an incorrect folder, and then two days later he runs around like a crazy man wondering where the contingency agreement is for the $500,000 case he just settled went….ahhhh men. Can't do anything by themselves. I don't let him touch his own files anymore; everything has to go through me. Okay, enough about work.

Tonight I'm going to a party where one of the guys I lives with is playing. He's in a band, and he plays drums, guitar, and bass, but in this band he's playing guitar. I'm excited about it.

My book club meeting was Wednesday. I met some really nice people, and we're doing social things as well, so I think it should be fun. Also, the book for next month is Ann Patchett's Bel Canto, and she lives in Nashville, TN. The book looks really interesting. It's set in South America at a hostage situation during a political dinner party. So far it's pretty good. She's a good writer.

Anyways, I have some work to do now so I better jet! Laaaaaaaater!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

YEAH! You are coming home! We have Jamie's brothers wedding that night in Brentwood, but we'll come see you afterwards! Can't wait to see you! MUAH!

Craftysis7 said...

Jessica,

You are a hoot, I bet you are a beautiful bridesmaid!! I will be there to see you Saturday night, fall fair at church is that day but we will be done by 2:30.

Hey job sounds like it is going great, don't give out too many of your job tips on organization now, "JOB SECURITY" ya know!! haha!!

Can't wait to see you!! I will try and get Drew by there so you can see him, he has really grown and is talking up a storm!!

Love ya,

Aunt Sissy

The Bates Girls! said...

Woah! Better watch out about the "beautiful bridesmaid" thing. You know your other conceited sister will be with you also! She is a lot like her older "mommy"