Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Key West + Balcony Picture


This is my favorite time of day. As the sun is setting in the west, the buildings all turn pink from the sunset. I love curling up on my balcony with some tea and a good book!

This is me in Key West at the southernmost point of the US. Next stop is Cuba! Except I'm not going there. If I were to keep going south, Cuba would be there. :)

Here is the sunset in Key West from Mallory Square. Every evening at sunset they have a festival. There are artists, magicians, people swallowing swords, dogs in costumes doing tricks, and drinks and food! It is quite a party. Key West is BEAUTIFUL. I visited in January with my friend Jessi. 

Key West is about 4 hours south of Miami. Jessi went down for a hearing (she's an attorney for the Coast Guard), and I got to crash in her hotel room, because she's so sweet! :) Thanks, Jessi!

7 comments:

The Bates Girls! said...

Awesome. Love the new glasses, they are very cute.
~hermana

The Bates Girls! said...

p.s. I know you've had them. They are just still new to us!

Becky said...

I haven't been to Key West since I was in my early teens with mom & dad. I'm sure it has changed a lot since then. One of these days me & Buddy will make it down that way. Good pics.

Jamie said...

My parents just got back from Key West it is their favorite place. The say it is so pretty there. Love the pink buildings too!!!

Craftysis7 said...

I love your pictures!! You know you could be a writer and a photographer!! I love the picture of you on the beach. Can't wait to see you again!!

Love ya,
Auntee Sissy
ps glad you are not made at me, haha, jk!

Craftysis7 said...

Sorry meant to type mad at me!!! Haha, I need to slow down!!

JessicaBates said...

Haha, you're silly Aunt Sissy! Of course I'm not mad at you :) or made at you, heheheh.

Love you all!