Tuesday, July 14, 2009

D I S N E Y W O R L D !

The place where dreams come true! The road trip to Disney was very very fun, and I enjoyed my girl time. Enjoy the pictures! I tried to put them in the order that they occurred, but I'm not sure how accurately I did so. So this first pic is at Epcot, in Germany, and we're doing a wine tasting. Epcot didn't have too many rides, but they have different "countries" where everything from the architecture to the food to the workers are themed to represent the country. The workers wore name tags that showed where they were from, so it was cool to see and talk to people from all over the world! From left to right, my friends are Becca (Coast Guard girl, about to go to law school in Seattle in the fall), Jessi (an attorney for the Coast Guard), Michelle (3rd year intern in Psychiatry, working at Jackson Hospital in Miami), and yours truly! Michelle and I benefited from the Coast Guard gals and received an awesome discount for our Disney tickets! Go Coast Guard!!! :)

This is us in Morocco. Morocco's food was excellent, and their marketplace had really cool items! I actually didn't buy ONE souvenir, due to my financial situation, but the photos and memories are enough! It was fun to try things on and dance around (we did a LOT of dancing).
These are some columns we posed with in Morocco (or maybe China??). All the countries are now running together....
Here's Michelle and me dancing in Morocco. Princess Jasmine and Aladdin were there :)
Jessi, Michelle, and me with Princess Aurora. I can't remember what country she was in...maybe France? I told her she was my favorite, and she said "oh my!" -- I guess girls will always be princesses at heart! Here's me touching the top of the Eiffel Tower! Well, it's a little off....
Just a few ladies posing in a phone booth in the UK. If you've seen America's Next Top Model marathons, you may recognize this photograph :)
I finally made it to Magic Kingdom! We took the Monorail to Magic Kingdom after Epcot. Since we got the park hopper, we could go to more than one park in a day. And since we were only there two days, we wanted to maximize our Disney experience. We're very excited to be in Magic Kingdom!!!!

This is me, a little scared, in the line for Thunder Mountain!
But yay! It was fun, not scary!
Day Two: Animal Kingdom was first. This is me and Michelle at the Mount Everest ride before it started. We are happy!Here's the four of us, Becca, me, Michelle, and Jessi, as the ride is starting....

Here's me and Michelle - VERY SCARED - as the ride is STUCK IN MID-AIR!! We were stuck for about five minutes on a steep incline, during which time, Michelle and I were ready to bail on Disney and go to an outlet mall. The other girls talked us into staying, but when the ride started back, it was NOT fun, and our screams were real screams of terror! Needless to say, I will NOT be recommending this ride on HelloMiami. Heheh, but, alas, we lived to tell about it.Last park, Hollywood Studios. We were all pretty wiped out at this point, so we didn't do very much, but I got to see it in all its glory.
And now I've made it safely back, and my Disney dreams have been fulfilled!

I will see you all soon! Mark and I fly into Tennessee tomorrow. Sisters, I am very excited to see you! Love! :)

2 comments:

The Bates Girls! said...

I'm so glad you finally made it there! Wish I could have taken you girls sooner! Maybe someday soon! So glad you had a good time. Love the pics and can't wait to see that beautiful smiling face in person tomorrow!

Love you
Mom

Kristin said...

Looks like you had a blast! Can't wait to see you!