Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nashville travels


Introducing: Sookie! from jessica bates on Vimeo.


Cougar Arm Wrestling from jessica bates on Vimeo.


Arm Wresting: Mom vs. Maggie from jessica bates on Vimeo.

In Nashville, I thought I would have tons of time to see everyone, hang out with the family, and relax. It turns out, that was not the case! My days filled up quickly, and it feels like my Nashville stay was over before it even began. Over Christmas, Chelsea was working a lot, and I barely got to see her. This break it was the opposite: Chelsea and I had tons of sister-time, and Maggie and I barely saw each other!

I finally saw the wedding/reception venue (the Mill at Lebanon), and it's lovely.




Mom, Chelsea and I ate at Michael's Cafe, who will be catering the event. (YUM!)




We got some great decorating ideas. I got to invade a book club at Elizabeth's house, and I got to invade her classroom (even though I was late -- shocker!), and I got to see her in HER wedding dress!! Such a treat! I had a fitting for my dress, and as Elizabeth zipped me up, she said something like, "You better not gain another pound!" Yikes! Hahah, but it's true, it was snug. :) I have been doing some arm exercises because I want to look like a beautiful, buff bride (who doesn't?).

I got to attend my future sister-in-law's baby shower (Ally!), and her baby boy (my future nephew) will be here sometime in April! I got to attend my cousin Nikki's lingerie shower at Karen's, and some of the guests were nice enough to bring ME presents! So I had a mini-surprise-lingerie shower, too!


I left on Wednesday morning for Chicago. I rode with Emily (college roomie) and on the way we picked up Kim (other college roomie) and we stayed with Oregon (other college roomie!) in her condo in Wicker Park. More pics coming soon for the Chicago outing!

Now I'm back in Santa Monica, which Mark is really happy about. I am, too. Living out of a suitcase gets tiring! More soon. :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for sharing! Lately I forget to go check this unless you remind me! I love the title "cougar arm wrestling!" You are not right! Glad you got it on video me whipping Mags she prob would never admit to it! I agree your trip was way toooo short! I love you much and miss you more!

Love
Mom

Mom said...

P.S. Glad you got my granddaughter on here also ! :)

Unknown said...

I love when you update me! Even though I was there for some of it. And the videos! Yay! Sookie is one cute pup.

Love you!