Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A lovely walk around Brickell Key, and a balcony pic


Brickell Key is one of my favorite places to walk. It's really close to my apartment (maybe 4 blocks away), and there's a sidewalk around the entire key. Lots of people in Brickell (the area I live) come here to walk, job, walk dogs, or push their kids in strollers. It's beautiful! It's hard to see because of the camera setting I had (it was letting a lot of light in), but the land in the distance is South Beach.


I took this picture as I was walking on the ledge. Dangerous! Not really, it's pretty wide, and I'm good at balancing. I like to be up high and look and the rocks, which are hard to see if you're on the sidewalk like a normal person. :)


So many yachts on the water yesterday! And sailboats, too. 




Here's a statue that I like on Brickell Key. 


There are some benches behind the statue, and I like to come here during the day to read, write or just be by myself for a while.


This walkway is past the statue and curves around to the other side of the island. From here, if you look to the left, you can see the Port of Miami. They have huge cranes loading giant boats with cargo, but I didn't get a picture of that. Sorry!


Here's Mark from our balcony. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this balcony. And Mark. :)

Hope you all enjoyed the photos! I'm going to try and do better keeping up with the blog so you guys know what I'm up to. :) Love you all! -- J

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the pictures. I love just walking around and looking at things too :)

Becky said...

Love the pics, Jess. I'm going to get there someday, so you can take me to Brickell Key and to where the lighthouse is that you go to.

Jamie said...

Love the pictures they are great!!!

Kristin said...

WOW! Great pics!

The Bates Girls! said...

Beautiful pictures Jess I see why you love walking around there! I love the statue also! Miss you bunches!

Becky you better get there fast she may be in California before you know it!

Love
Mom

The Bates Girls! said...

P.S. I love Mar's picture too!